Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Big 30...

I always believed that if a person expects the worst, 9 times out of 10, he/she would be pleasantly surprised when something bad actually happens; for the situation couldn't be worse than he/she had expected.
When I was 25, I told myself 30 means very old; it means withering for a woman...I told Patrick when I hit 30, I would cry on my birthday for parting with my youth...
...30 was a big number, too big for me to appreciate when it comes to me... 

Still yet, we celebrated Patrick's 30th birthday yesterday. He was anticipating his big 30th since the beginning of the week. I asked him how it feels, he told me "It feels pretty good, I am in a new era of my life!" I told him about Confucius' saying: "At thirty, I stood firm." He likes it. We sang the birthday song; he made a wish and blowed out the candles on the Carvel ice cream cake… 
Looking at his smiley face,I thought to myself: 30 doesn't seem too bad after all...I am still more than a year from my "new era," and still now, I am pretty reluctant to step my feet into it... 
But who knows, I have expected the worst...and with Patrick holding my hands, maybe I would be smiling on my big 30th too… :) 

Dress: H&M
Booties: H&M


No comments:

Post a Comment